Stagecoach announces UK Bus regional management appointments
16 Aug 2011
Stagecoach has announced the appointment of two new Managing Directors for regional companies in its UK Bus division.
The new appointments, effective from 1 September 2011, also follow a structural change within the UK Bus division's operations in the North-west of England. The former Stagecoach North West operations will now form part of two new regional companies: Cumbria and North Lancashire, and Merseyside and South Lancashire.
Elisabeth Tasker, currently Operations Director with Stagecoach Manchester, is appointed Managing Director of Stagecoach Merseyside and South Lancashire. She will have responsibility for depots in Liverpool, Preston and Chorley.
Nigel Winter is promoted from Operations Director, Stagecoach North East, to Managing Director Stagecoach Cumbria and North Lancashire, with responsibility for the Carlisle, West Cumbria, Kendal, Barrow and Lancaster depots.
Stagecoach has also confirmed the following positions:
- Paul Southgate, formerly Managing Director Stagecoach North West, becomes Commercial Manager, Stagecoach UK Bus.
- Les Burton, Operations Director, Stagecoach Merseyside, will become Operations Director Stagecoach Merseyside and South Lancashire
- Paul Lee will continue as Engineering Director for both of the Stagecoach companies in the North-west.
Les Warneford, Managing Director of Stagecoach UK Bus, said: "These new appointments demonstrate the strength of management talent we have across the division. I would like to congratulate Elisabeth and Nigel on their deserved promotions and wish them every success in their new roles."
Following the new Managing Director appointments, Stagecoach will be seeking applications for the following three positions:
- Operations Director, Stagecoach Manchester, covering depots at Hyde Road, Sharston, Stockport and Ashton
- Operations Director, Stagecoach North East, with responsibility for depots at Walkergate, Slatyford, South Shields, Sunderland, Stockton and Hartlepool
- Operations Director, Stagecoach Cumbria and North Lancashire, covering the Carlisle, West Cumbria, Kendal, Barrow and Lancaster depots.
For further information on Stagecoach Group visit www.stagecoach.com
For media enquiries, please contact: Stagecoach Group Communications on
01738 442111 or email: email@example.com
NOTES TO EDITORS
- Stagecoach Group is a leading international public transport group, with extensive operations in the UK, United States and Canada. The company employs around 35,000 people, and operates bus, coach, rail, and tram services.
- Stagecoach is one of UK's biggest bus and coach operators. Around 2.5 million passengers travel on Stagecoach's 8,100 buses every day on a network stretching from south-west England to the Highlands and Islands of Scotland. The company's business includes major city bus operations in London, Liverpool, Newcastle, Hull, Manchester, Oxford, Sheffield and Cambridge.
- Stagecoach is a major UK rail operator, running the South West Trains, Island Line and East Midlands Trains networks. It has a 49% shareholding in Virgin Rail Group, which operates the West Coast inter-city rail franchise.
- Stagecoach also runs the Supertram light rail network in Sheffield.