Megabus.com launches new coach tracking app for customers in US
16 Feb 2012
- Technology first for North American inter-city bus industry
- Megabus USA app available on iOS and Android devices
Stagecoach Group's budget inter-city coach service megabus.com has launched a new vehicle tracking application for customers in the United States.
The Megabus USA mobile app, the first of its kind in the inter-city bus industry, is available on iOS and Android devices.
Passengers can use the free app to check the estimated time of arrival for their service and find bus stop locations.
Dale Moser, President and Chief Operating Officer of megabus.com in North America, said: "We are always looking for ways to make travel better and easier for our customers. This smart mobile app will be a great tool for our passengers and our company.
"Megabus.com has become the travel option of choice for millions of people in North America. As well as offering great value fares and high quality vehicles, this is one more way we can deliver excellent customer service.”
The only official megabus.com application, Megabus USA is currently available to passengers travelling on routes in the Midwest and Southeast of the United States. Northeast routes will be added soon.
Once downloaded, users can input their origin and destination cities, and when they are travelling, to confirm what time their bus will arrive.
Current cities available for tracking include: Ann Arbor, Atlanta, Birmingham, Champaign, Charlotte, Chattanooga, Chicago, Cincinnati, Cleveland, Columbia, Columbus, Des Moines, Detroit, Gainesville, Indianapolis, Iowa City, Jacksonville, Kansas City, Knoxville, Madison, Memphis, Milwaukee, Minneapolis, Mobile, Montgomery, Nashville, Omaha, Orlando, St. Louis and Toledo.
Around 16 million passengers have travelled with megabus.com in North America since 2006, enjoying daily, express coach travel from just $1 plus 50c booking fee.
More than 500 new jobs have been created by megabus.com throughout North America and the successful brand now links more than 70 cities in the United States and Canada.
Visit www.megabus.com for network, timetables, fares and service information.
For media enquiries, please contact: Stagecoach Group Communications on 01738 442111 or email email@example.com
NOTES TO EDITORS
- Stagecoach Group is a leading international public transport group, with extensive operations in the UK, United States and Canada. The company employs 35,000 people and operates bus, coach, rail, and tram services.
- Stagecoach is one of UK’s biggest bus and coach operators. Around 2.5 million passengers travel on Stagecoach's 8,000 buses every day on a network stretching from south-west England to the Highlands and Islands of Scotland. The company's business includes major city bus operations in London, Liverpool, Newcastle, Hull, Manchester, Oxford, Sheffield and Cambridge.
- Stagecoach is a major UK rail operator, running the South West Trains, Island Line and East Midlands Trains networks. It has a 49% shareholding in Virgin Rail Group, which operates the West Coast inter-city rail franchise.
- Stagecoach also operates the Supertram network in Sheffield.
- Megabus.com currently operates service from hubs in Atlanta, Chicago, New York, Philadelphia, Pittsburgh, Washington D.C. and Toronto. Visit www.megabus.com for a complete list of cities served.
For the latest news and travel deals, follow megabus.com on Twitter at @megabus and Like us on Facebook at http://www.facebook.com/megabus.com.officialpage