megabus.com provides thousands of extra seats to London this summer
03 Jul 2012
· Additional vehicles to serve London during July, August and September
· Bargain seats available now at www.megabus.com
Market leading budget coach provider megabus.com is offering thousands of extra bargain seats to London this summer for people attending the many events taking place in the capital.
The low-cost operator – which is part of Stagecoach Group - is providing almost 5,000 extra seats on its network every day during the period of the Olympic Games in July and August from locations across the UK including Manchester, Edinburgh, Glasgow, Norwich, Birmingham, Leeds, Newcastle, Bristol and Exeter.
And megabus.com will provide almost 1500 additional seats each day on its services to and from London during the period of the Paralympic Games from 20 August until 9 September.
Full details of megabus.com services to and from London can be found on the website at www.megabus.com
megabus.com General Manager Ian Laing said: “With the world’s biggest sporting event taking place in London this summer, it will be a busy time for travel. We have significantly increased our service capacity during this period to provide a low-cost option for those who want to travel to London on a budget.
"As well as the pre-determined additional capacity, megabus.com will also react to further demand wherever possible during the summer by adding extra vehicles to services when required. "
megabus.com was launched in the UK in 2003 and revolutionised coach travel by offering fares from just £1* via a simple online booking system. Almost five million passengers now use megabus.com services in the UK every year, travelling between more than 60 towns and cities across the country.
In 2006, Stagecoach launched megabus.com in North America where it has now been used by more than 18 million passengers.
Bookings for the new services can be made now. For more information about megabus.com services visit www.megabus.com
For media enquiries, please contact: Stagecoach Group Communications on 01738 442111 or email: firstname.lastname@example.org
NOTES TO EDITORS
- All megabus.com reservations are subject to a 50p booking fee.
· Stagecoach Group is a leading international public transport group, with extensive operations in the UK, United States and Canada. The company employs 35,000 people and operates bus, coach, rail, and tram services.
· Stagecoach is one of UK’s biggest bus and coach operators. Around 2.5 million passengers travel on Stagecoach's 7,700 buses every day on a network stretching from south-west England to the Highlands and Islands of Scotland. The company's business includes major city bus operations in London, Liverpool, Newcastle, Hull, Manchester, Oxford, Sheffield and Cambridge.
· Stagecoach is a major UK rail operator, running the South West Trains, Island Line and East Midlands Trains networks. It has a 49% shareholding in Virgin Rail Group, which operates the West Coast inter-city rail franchise.
· Stagecoach also operates the Sheffield tram network.
· In North America, Stagecoach operates around 1,900 buses and coaches in the United States and Canada. Budget coach service megabus.com links around 80 key locations in North America. Stagecoach is also involved in operating commuter and transit services, as well as tours, charters, sightseeing tours and a small number of school bus services.