East Midlands Trains secures Investors in People status
15 Aug 2012
Employees at Stagecoach-owned rail company, East Midlands Trains, are celebrating after being awarded Investors in People (IiP) status. The IiP scheme recognises organisations that have improved their performance and delivery through the investment in and development of employees.
In recognition of its achievement, East Midlands Trains has received a certificate and plaque which will be displayed at its Derby headquarters in Prospect Place.
David Horne, Managing Director of East Midlands Trains, commented: “I am delighted we have achieved Investors in People status. Our staff are passionate about delivering the best service possible for our passengers and are committed to going the extra mile wherever they can. This is great news and we are determined to keep up the good work."
To gain the prestigious accolade East Midlands Trains had to pass a rigorous assessment whereby 90 members of staff undertook face to face and telephone assessment interviews over a total of eight days. The interviews delved into the company’s performance review processes, leadership paths and working culture.
Providing a basis for good management practice, Investors in People helps organisations improve business planning and management effectiveness and evaluate where improvements need to be made. Investors in People focuses on outcomes, encouraging staff to achieve the knowledge, skills and attitude to deliver on organisational objectives.
Notes to Editors
For media enquiries, please contact East Midlands Trains on 01738 442111. Out of office hours: An on-call service operates for urgent media enquiries out of hours. To access this service, please call 08448 222888 and quote MEDIA1. Please leave a short message, including your name, media organisation, phone number and the nature of your enquiry. The on call press officer will then return your call.
East Midlands Trains
- East Midlands Trains, part of the Stagecoach Group, runs fast, frequent trains from and to London St Pancras International and key UK destinations throughout the East Midlands, including Leicester, Derby, Sheffield, Nottingham, Manchester and Liverpool.
- East Midlands Trains is currently investing over £40 million to improve stations across its network and every single passenger train within its fleet.
- Stagecoach Group is a leading international public transport group, with extensive operations in the UK, United States and Canada. The company employs 35,000 people and operates bus, coach, rail, and tram services.
- Stagecoach is one of UK’s biggest bus and coach operators. Around 2.5 million passengers travel on Stagecoach's 7,700 buses every day on a network stretching from south-west England to the Highlands and Islands of Scotland. The company's business includes major city bus operations in London, Liverpool, Newcastle, Hull, Manchester, Oxford, Sheffield and Cambridge.
- Stagecoach is a major UK rail operator, running the South West Trains, Island Line and East Midlands Trains networks.
- Stagecoach also operates the Sheffield tram network.
- In North America, Stagecoach operates around 1,900 buses and coaches in the United States and Canada. Budget coach service megabus.com links around 80 key locations in North America. Stagecoach is also involved in operating commuter and transit services, as well as tours, charters, sightseeing tours and a small number of school bus services.