East Midlands Trains named as one of the UK’s top employers
10 Feb 2017
East Midlands Trains has been recognised as one of the UK’s Top Employers.
As one of only 78 employers in the country to be certified by the Top Employees Institute, train operator East Midlands Trains joins the ranks with other major employers such as Asda, DFS, Harrods and Santander.
Stagecoach-owned East Midlands Trains and sister company Virgin Trains East Coast are the only two train operators to be accredited with the exclusive Top Employers certification.
Every year, the Top Employers Institute carry out annual research to identify leading employers around the world, specifically looking at those that provide excellent employee conditions, nurture and develop talent throughout all levels of the organisation and who are continuously striving to build a positive employee experience.
The results of this year’s research were announced on Thursday 9 February and East Midlands Trains is proud to be named as a leading employer this year.
Kirsty Derry, HR Director for East Midlands Trains, said: “We’re over the moon to be named one of the top employers in the UK. Our people – both customer facing and behind the scenes - play a crucial role in driving this business forward and this is a real credit to the whole team.
“We know from our most recent employee survey that satisfaction is at its highest ever level, but to have this independent external endorsement that demonstrates East Midlands Trains is amongst the top companies in the UK makes us very proud.”
East Midlands Trains employs around 2,100 people based across the East Midlands, Sheffield, Lincolnshire and in London. To find out more about careers and opportunities with East Midlands Trains, visit eastmidlandstrains.co.uk/careers
James Gooding, UK Country Manager for the Top Employers Institute: “Optimal employee conditions ensure that people can develop themselves personally and professionally. Our comprehensive research concluded that East Midlands Trains Limited provides an outstanding employment environment and offers a wide range of creative initiatives, from secondary benefits and working conditions, to performance-management programmes that are well thought out and truly aligned with the culture of their company.”
The Top Employers Institute assessed East Midlands Trains Limited’s employee offerings on the following criteria:
- Talent Strategy
- Workforce Planning
- Learning & Development
- Performance Management
- Leadership Development
- Career & Succession Management
- Compensation & Benefits
To learn more about the Top Employers Institute and the Top Employers Certification, visit top-employers.com.
For media enquiries, please contact us on 01738 442111. Out of office hours: An on-call service operates for urgent media enquiries out of hours. To access this service, please call 08448 222888 and quote MEDIA1. Please leave a short message, including your name, media organisation, phone number and the nature of your enquiry. The on call press officer will then return your call.
East Midlands Trains
- East Midlands Trains, part of the Stagecoach Group, runs fast, frequent trains from and to London St Pancras International and key UK destinations throughout the East Midlands, including Leicester, Derby, Sheffield, Nottingham, Manchester and Liverpool.
- East Midlands Trains is currently delivering a multi-million pound package of customer improvements with additional front-line staff, cleaner stations and trains, a better on-board service and new technology to provide faster and better customer information.
- Stagecoach Group is an international public transport group, with extensive operations in the UK, mainland Europe, the United States and Canada. The Group employs around 39,000 people, and operates around 13,000 buses, coaches, trains and trams.
- Stagecoach is one of the UK's biggest bus and coach operators with around 8,500 buses and coaches on a network stretching from south-west England to the Highlands and Islands of Scotland. Low-cost coach service, megabus.com, operates a network of inter-city services across the UK and mainland Europe.
- Stagecoach is a major UK rail operator, running the South West Trains, Island Line and East Midlands Trains networks. It has also partnered with Virgin to run the East Coast and West Coast inter-city rail franchises.
- Stagecoach operates the Supertram light rail network in Sheffield.
- In North America, Stagecoach operates around 2,400 buses and coaches in the United States and Canada. megabus.com links around 130 key locations in North America. Stagecoach is also involved in operating commuter, transit, contracted, charter, airport shuttle and sightseeing services.