Customer satisfaction boost for Stagecoach rail companies
14 Feb 2017
- East Midlands Trains, South West Trains and Virgin Trains East Coast all record improved customer satisfaction results in latest UK Customer Satisfaction Index
Stagecoach rail companies are continuing to make great strides in improving customer satisfaction, according to the latest UK Customer Satisfaction Index.
The Institute of Customer Service released the January 2017 UK Customer Satisfaction Index (UKCSI) scores which show the following overall increases in satisfaction:
- East Midlands Trains at 77.9%, a 3.8% year on year increase
- Virgin Trains East Coast at 75.9%, a 2.3% year on year increase
- South West Trains at 71.6%, a 5.6% year on year increase
The UK Customer Satisfaction Index (UKCSI) is the national measure of customer satisfaction, giving a unique insight into the quality of customer service in the UK as a whole and 13 sectors of the economy. It is based on a six-monthly online survey of consumers.
Both East Midlands Trains and South West Trains are also in the running for two awards at this year’s UK Customer Satisfaction Awards. East Midlands Trains has been shortlisted for the Quality Service Provider Award for the work it has carried out in engaging with its customers. This was done through an internal employee programme that looked at ways of how to develop customer service excellence. A number of other high-profile companies short-listed in this award include Hitachi Capital Consumer Finance, Holland & Barrett, London South Bank University and Macmillan Cancer Support.
South West Trains has been shortlisted for The NEC Customer Feedback Strategy Award for its innovative multi-channel customer feedback programme which allows customers to provide regular feedback on their services through an independent Passenger Panel, mystery shops across the network and the Tell SWT online survey: www.tellswt.co.uk. Other major companies shortlisted in this category include Virgin Money, Thames Water, EDF Energy and Her Majesty’s Passport Office.
Tim Shoveller, Managing Director of Stagecoach Rail, said: “We’re delighted to have achieved such positive customer satisfaction results which are a great improvement on last year’s scores and signify the major investment we are continuing to make in improving our services for customers.
“We are constantly looking at ways to improve our customer experience and so these results let us know where we’re going right. However, we won’t rest on our laurels and will continue to strive to improve our offer to all customers travelling on our rail services.
“Getting shortlisted for two awards in the national Customer Satisfaction Awards is also a real privilege. One of our main priorities is creating a positive customer experience for our customers and these nominations are therefore a real testament to the hard work of all our staff and their commitment to delivering improvements.”
Jo Causon, CEO of the Institute of Customer Service, said: “The latest UKCSI results clearly show that just being ‘good’ is no longer good enough. Organisations who can get things right first time and deal with problems effectively to deliver an excellent customer experience are those that are thriving in the transport sector.”
The UK Customer Satisfaction Awards are organised by the Institute of Customer Service and recognise organisations and individuals that have implemented successful customer service strategies. Organisations from across the UK can enter one of 13 categories and will be judged by industry experts, business leaders and academics. Winners in the different categories will be announced at an awards ceremony on Tuesday 7 March.
For more information about the UK Customer Satisfaction Index or awards, visit https://www.instituteofcustomerservice.com/
For media enquiries, please contact us on 01738 442111. Out of office hours: An on-call service operates for urgent media enquiries out of hours. To access this service, please call 08448 222888 and quote MEDIA1. Please leave a short message, including your name, media organisation, phone number and the nature of your enquiry. The on call press officer will then return your call.
- Stagecoach Group is an international public transport group, with extensive operations in the UK, the United States and Canada. The Group employs around 39,000 people, and operates around 13,000 buses, coaches, trains and trams.
- Stagecoach is one of the UK's biggest bus and coach operators with around 8,500 buses and coaches on a network stretching from south-west England to the Highlands and Islands of Scotland. Low-cost coach service, megabus.com, operates a network of inter-city services across the UK and mainland Europe.
- Stagecoach is a major UK rail operator, running the South West Trains, Island Line and East Midlands Trains networks. It has also partnered with Virgin to run the East Coast and West Coast inter-city rail franchises.
- Stagecoach operates the Supertram light rail network in Sheffield.
- In North America, Stagecoach operates around 2,400 buses and coaches in the United States and Canada. megabus.com links around 130 key locations in North America. Stagecoach is also involved in operating commuter, transit, contracted, charter, airport shuttle and sightseeing services.