TV star Jessica Wright helps celebrate the style of bus passengers across the UK
06 Apr 2017
- Former TOWIE star launches search for a ‘style squad’ among Stagecoach customers
- Passengers invited to show off style, creativity and personality through social media entries using hashtag #SquadOnBoard
- Winners to be chosen at Manchester fashion event attended by Jessica Wright
- Final ‘squad’ to take part in photoshoot for star’s Sistaglam clothing line, with adverts displayed on Stagecoach buses
TV and fashion celebrity Jessica Wright is helping to celebrate the style of bus passengers across the UK.
The former TOWIE star has teamed up with Britain’s biggest bus operator, Stagecoach, to launch a search for a ‘style squad’ – a group of individual customers who will be chosen based on their style, creativity and personality*.
The campaign aims to highlight and applaud the diverse range of fashion tastes that exist among the country’s bus passengers, with entrants asked to share their sense of style via social media.
Stagecoach and the team behind Jessica’s Sistaglam clothing range, will invite shortlisted entrants to take part in a fashion event in Manchester on 20 May 2017 which will include a range of fashion activities, speakers and a Q&A session with Jessica.
At that event, three winners will be chosen – based on their input on the day - to take part in a ‘squad’ photoshoot with Jessica for her Sistaglam clothing line, followed by a meal with the star. The winners will also feature in an advert to be displayed on buses in different parts of the UK.
To enter, passengers are invited to send videos, flipagrams or photos of themselves via social media - ideally showing them on board a Stagecoach bus – which they feel show off their sense of individual style. Entrants should also outline in their posts the qualities they feel they can bring to Jessica’s squad.
Using the #SquadOnBoard hashtag, customers can enter via Twitter, Instagram and Facebook.
Entries can also be made by emailing email@example.com
The closing date for entries is 30 April 2017 and entrants must have downloaded the Stagecoach Bus smartphone app – which is free of charge - to be able to win the competition*.
Jessica said: “I love watching what people are wearing and seeing how creative they can be with their outfits – what someone wears really shows off their personality. The country’s bus passengers are a great example of the range of styles and tastes people have when it comes to fashion and I am really excited to hear what Stagecoach customers can bring to our squad – we’re looking for fun people with big personalities, individual style and a passion for fashion.
“I can’t wait to meet everyone at the fashion event, and to get to know the winning squad – I’m also hoping to get some ideas for my next collection.”
Stagecoach revealed earlier this year that customers can save around £1000** a year through commuting by bus rather than taking the car. The savings – which amount to more than £20 a week or around £95 per month – could be spent on a weekly lunch with friends, new clothes every month or an annual holiday.
Lynne Harrop, Stagecoach UK Bus Head of Marketing and Customer Experience, said:
“At Stagecoach, we place huge emphasis on our people and this campaign is a great way to recognise the huge diversity of styles of our passengers, whether they’re travelling to university, commuting to work, heading to the shops or going out with friends.
It’s also a great opportunity to do something to get people excited about taking the bus.
“In parts of the country, we offer unlimited daily travel for the price of a cup of coffee, so taking the bus rather than the car can be a good way of saving money – so you can save a bit of cash to treat yourself!
“We are really excited to see the entries and the unique styles of our passengers. We wish everyone the best of luck with their entries.”
Further information on Stagecoach UK Bus visit www.stagecoachbus.com
* Terms and conditions apply – full details here – www.stagecoachbus.com/jessica
For media enquiries, please contact: Stagecoach Group Communications on 01738 442111 or email: firstname.lastname@example.org
NOTES TO EDITOR
- Stagecoach Group is an international public transport group, with extensive operations in the UK, the United States and Canada. The Group employs around 40,000 people, and operates around 13,000 buses, coaches, trains and trams.
- Stagecoach is one of the UK’s biggest bus and coach operators with around 8,500 buses and coaches on a network stretching from south-west England to the Highlands and Islands of Scotland. Low-cost coach service, megabus.com, operates a network of inter-city services across the UK.
- Stagecoach is a major UK rail operator, running the South West Trains, Island Line and East Midlands Trains networks. It has a 49% shareholding in Virgin Rail Group, which operates the West Coast rail franchise. It also has a 90% shareholding in Virgin Trains East Coast, which operates the East Coast rail franchise.
- Stagecoach operates the Supertram light rail network in Sheffield.
- In North America, Stagecoach operates around 2,300 buses and coaches in the United States and Canada. megabus.com links around 130 key locations in North America. Stagecoach is also involved in operating commuter, transit, contracted, charter, airport shuttle and sightseeing services.